Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 8 Thing 18 and 19

Zoho Writer (and other online production tools) would prove useful for students, teachers and librarians; they can easily work between home and school, at the library and with multiple partners. I created an account and then used Zoho Writer to create a schedule for my upcoming 9th grade orientation. It was a simple project and easily accomplished. I spent some additional time perusing what Zoho Writer had to offer and was impressed with the variety of tools offered. I did want to investigate further Zoho's presentation tool but I'm under a time crunch and didn't get the opportunity to do so. But it is on my 'to do' list.

With LibraryThing I have trouble keeping on task. I could easily spend all day at this site and still want more. It is so easy to use. I have plans to use this as often and in as many different ways as possible. I have been looking for an easy means of introducing new books to my students and teachers. For me this has always been one of those well-intention but seldom completed tasks. But now it will be like playing! I suggested to several teachers that they should use LibraryThing as a means to catalog their classroom collection. This is a project that they could assign to a TA (student assistant). Personally, I wouldn't want to let a student have all the fun but to each his own!

No comments: